About the Plan
At the request of Waukesha County, the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC) is preparing a new jurisdictional highway system plan for Waukesha County. The new plan is an update to the Waukesha County jurisdictional highway system plan that was originally adopted by the Waukesha County Board of Supervisors on May 20, 1975, and later amended on five other occasions. The jurisdictional highway system plan provides a review and reevaluation, and recommendations as to which level and agency of government—state, county, and local—should have jurisdictional responsibilities for each segment of arterial street and highway in Waukesha County, and identifies which changes in jurisdictional responsibility, or jurisdictional transfers, are necessary to implement the plan. The new jurisdictional highway system plan also constitutes a refinement and amendment of the functional improvements—new arterial facilities and widening of existing facilities—recommended in Waukesha County under the year 2035 regional transportation plan, as adopted by SEWRPC on June 21, 2006, and is intended to be a functional, as well as jurisdictional, arterial street and highway system plan for Waukesha County to the design year 2035.
The new Waukesha County jurisdictional highway system plan is intended to help Waukesha County:
- Cope with the growing traffic demands within the County;
- Adjust the existing jurisdictional highway systems to changes in land use development along their alignment;
- Maintain an integrated county trunk highway system within the County; Adjust the existing jurisdictional highway system to better serve the major changes in traffic patterns taking place within the County; and
- Achieve an equitable distribution of arterial street and highway development and maintenance costs and revenues among the various levels and agencies of government concerned.
Waukesha County Jurisdictional Highway Planning Committee
The preparation of a new jurisdictional plan was conducted by SEWRPC staff under the guidance of the 41-member Waukesha County Jurisdictional Highway Planning Committee. The Committee includes representation from each of the 37 cities, villages, and towns in the County, the County itself, as well as from the federal and state levels. Specifically, this Committee assisted and advised the study staff on technical methods, procedures, and interpretations; assisted in the assembly and evaluation of planning and engineering data; assisted in the establishment, definition, and review of criteria; appraised alternative plans; and resolved any conflicts which arose in plan preparations and selection. Meeting materials, including upcoming meeting agendas, and past meeting minutes, can be found at the meetings section of the advisory committee web page.
Draft Plan Chapters
Preliminary draft plan chapters will be posted here as PDF files as they are drafted. The plan report is anticipated to be organized into the following chapters:
- Chapter I: Introduction
- Chapter II: Existing and Planned Waukesha County Arterial Street and Highway System
- Potential Functional Improvements to be Addressed During the Waukesha County Jurisdictional Highway System Plan Review and Update
- Chapter III: Jurisdictional Classification Criteria
- Chapter IV: Application of Jurisdictional Classification Criteria
- Chapter V: Recommended Waukesha County Jurisdictional Highway System Plan
- Chapter VI: Summary and Conclusions
Please review the information below. If everything is correct, click “Send”. To go back and edit your entries, click “Edit”.
The following required items were not provided or are in the wrong format. Please provide the required responses and submit again:
Comment on the Plan
You can use the box below to submit any comments you may have about the study (comments submitted will become part of the public record for the planning process, and will be considered as the plans are developed):
Request for Briefing/Presentation
I am interested in receiving a briefing or presentation for my organization (please provide telephone number below).
Please provide the following information prior to submitting your request:
* Denotes a required field
If you indicated that you were interested in a briefing for your organization, please include a daytime telephone number (with area code) below:
Press the "Submit" button when finished.
Thank you for your input or request.
Staff Contact Information
You may also contact Commission staff using the information below to submit a comment, obtain information about the regional housing plan, or request a briefing:
||Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
P.O. Box 1607
Waukesha, WI 53187-1607