County Maps of Recommended Functional Highway Improvements

The arterial street and highway element of the recommended year 2035 regional transportation plan as amended, and adjusted to account for plan implementation through 2010, totals 3,652 route-miles.
Approximately 88 percent, or 3,228 of these route-miles, are recommended to be resurfaced and reconstructed with no additional capacity. Approximately 344 route-miles, or less than 10 percent of the total system, are recommended for widening upon reconstruction to provide additional through traffic lanes, including 127 miles of freeways. The remaining 80 route-miles, or about 2 percent of the total arterial street mileage, are proposed new arterial facilities. Thus, the plan recommends over the next 25 years a capacity expansion of 12 percent of the total arterial system, and—viewed in terms of added lane-miles of arterials—only about a 10 percent expansion over the next 25 years.

Each proposed arterial street and highway improvement, and expansion project would need to undergo preliminary engineering and environmental studies by the responsible State, county, or municipal government prior to implementation. The preliminary engineering and environmental studies will consider alternatives and impacts, and the responsible government entity will make the final decision on whether and how a planned project will proceed to implementation.

County maps of the arterial street and highway system preservation, improvement, and expansion measures recommended under the amended plan can be viewed by using the links set forth below:

Site Tools

Translate This Page
Contact Us

Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission

W239 N1812 Rockwood Drive
P.O. Box 1607
Waukesha, WI 53187-1607

Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.


Global Water Center
247 Freshwater Way
Milwaukee, WI 53204

By Appointment


Phone: (262) 547-6721


This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System